$200 (per treatment)
Our bodies have a natural repair and healing process that reacts to injury by producing new collagen and elastin. Skin Pen initiates this injury response using microneedling – a technique that creates hundreds of temporary micro channels or openings in the skin without any thermal energy or skin removal. These are called fractionated injuries.
- The temporary micro channels allow for optimal delivery, penetration and diffusion of topical treatments into the skin
- Quick, safe and effective method to induce production of collagen that is non-ablative (no skin removal), requires no thermal energy and promotes quick, scar-free healing
- Safe for all skin types with no risk of fibrosis
- No significant downtime
Similar to mild sunburn, redness, swelling and tenderness may follow the procedure, but patients can expect no significant downtime with Skin Pen. After just one day, patients may return to normal activities and are able to conceal most of the signs of treatment with makeup. Within days, there will be no evidence that any treatment was performed at all.
Patients typically do microneedling treatment with a topical numbing agent. We ask that clients arrive 30min prior to apply a numbing cream.
Microneedling treatment is a minimally invasive procedure; however, since the skin is being penetrated there will be some mild effects afterwards. These effects will vary based on needle depth used and intensity of treatment. Acne scar treatment may produce slightly more side effects due to deeper treatment levels required.
- Day 1: Mild to moderate swelling and redness, similar to a mild sunburn. There may be some mild bruising as well.
- Day 2: Some persisting redness may be present, but all redness, bruising and swelling should be diminishing.
- Day 3: Most redness, bruising and swelling should be nearly gone. Normal appearance with makeup may be achieved.
- Day 4: Skin appears mostly normal at this point with some minor swelling.
We will explain what to do following your treatment and about acne scar treatment sometimes taking a little more time to heal. You will receive instructions on the best ways to properly care for your skin post-treatment to ensure optimal results.
Microneedling Results with Skin Pen
Since everyone’s genetic makeup and needs are different, treatment requirements and Skin Pen results will vary. The number of sessions required and the depth of treatment will depend on what goals/results you would like to achieve.
Custom Sessions Produce Desired Results
While multiple sessions are recommended to achieve optimal microneedling results, noticeable changes are typically seen just one week following treatment and gradually improve as the body’s healing process promotes the production of healthy, new cells and extracellular substances (e.g., collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid).
Patients with uneven skin-tone and fine lines may see Skin Pen results after just one treatment, while those looking to soften the appearance of acne scarring may require several treatments.
Promoting RadianceSkin Pen helps:
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne/body scars
- Reduce pore size
- Produce radiant, even-toned skin
Copyright © Renew Skin Spa, 2015. All rights reserved.